Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The Smart Smartboard...





When I first registered for this course at the beginning of the semester, I knew that my learning experience would overall be very interesting and challenging seeing as I have never really been a computer’s ‘best friend’. I was certainly up for the challenges, and was excited to learn new things as it relates to technology, and ways to properly use them as a future educator. Throughout the semester so far, I have learnt how to embed videos onto PowerPoint (which I am sure one day will become very useful), I’ve learned how to make photos albums using Bubbleshare, and to create my own blog... However, this week I saw something for the first time that I was extremely interested and excited to learn about – The SMART Board!!! Throughout different classes in my first semester at McGill, I overheard classmates talking about their experiences on stage and about this magnificent ‘SMART Board’, but really could not grasp a full understanding of what it was. Finally though...I have been provided with a visual and the chance to use one during our Media lab!
I really enjoyed seeing the different options that the SMART Board provides to teachers and students that are not available on a regular chalk board. I think as much as the SMART Board can potentially take away from the traditional way of teaching, and sometimes distract students from the actual subject being taught, I do think it is an extremely useful invention with many positive benefits. I believe it provides students with a fun learning environment, allowing teachers and students to positively interact and share their learning experiences with one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment